3/31/2009

Day 5

At the prompting of Patti Digh (and life, and timing, and the universe), I'm doing one thing every day for 37 Days, and sharing that journey here. You can read about what I'm doing in this post.

A partial list of the concerts I've been to, in no particular order:

The Kinks
Crosby, Stills & Nash
Yes
Elton John
Simon & Garfunkel
The Cars
Cheap Trick
Harry Chapin
The Grateful Dead (many, many times)
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Billy Joel
Lou Reed
Christopher Cross
Adrian Belew w/The Bears
Adrian Belew (solo)
Richard Thompson
John Cougar
Tom Chapin
The Eagles
Pink Floyd (with Roger Waters, before the split)
The Who
Heart
James Taylor
Paul McCartney
John Denver
Tom Petty
The Allman Brothers
Little Feat (many times)
The Rolling Stones
Steve Miller Band
Bonnie Raitt
Talking Heads
Jeff Healey
Roger Waters
Mary Chapin Carpenter
John Fogerty
Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band
Eric Clapton
David Bowie
Fleetwood Mac
Phil Collins
Michelle Shocked
Robert Plant
R.E.M.
Joe Satriani
Jerry Garcia Band
Phish
Nanci Griffith
John Prine
Peter Gabriel
Robert Plant
The Go-Go's
Linda Ronstadt
The Bee Gees
Rod Stewart
Dar Williams
King Crimson (w/Adrian Belew)
Carlos Santana
Catie Curtis
Patty Griffin
Bela Fleck & The Flecktones (the first time I saw them was also my first acid trip. Holy moly.)
Jimmy Buffett
U2
Neil Young
Sting
Medeski, Martin & Wood
Doc Watson
Paul Simon
Loudon Wainwright III
Allison Krauss
Emmylou Harris
Reel Big Fish
Steve Vai
Amy Steinberg
Laurie Lewis
Duncan Sheik

That's the big, national acts; I've seen many, many local singer/songwriters and bands, too.

There's nothing else like live music.

4 comments:

kelli said...

oh my gosh, that's amazing! You've been to so many, I'm in awe :) too cool.

cynthia said...

wow!

here's my list:

Loverboy (I was sixteen!)

Willie Nelson (in fact, I have seen him more times than anyone else)

Randy Travis (I took my mom)

Huey Lewis and the News

James Taylor

Edwin McCain (wait, I have seen him more times than Willie Nelson because he lives in my hometown)

Over the Rhine

other than some lesser known bands and local bands ... and Cornerstone Festival for two years, that's about it.

Mrs. G. said...

I am impressed. I envy that you saw Simon and Garfunkel. I've only been to about ten concerts.

Anonymous said...

You've seen Duncan Sheik!? Back when he had that one hit, or more recently . . . ?

Great series of posts, my friend. What an honor . . .